Business Barometer

Over 120 Start-ups registered per day in May 2013.

This May was a good month for start-ups with approximately 129 companies and businesses being registered daily.

4,025 new companies and businesses were started up this May, up 9% on the figure for the same month in 2012 (3,691).

2,553 of these start-ups were businesses and the remaining 1,472 were companies (this figure is up 19% on company start-ups in May 2012 - 1,235).

The most popular industries for start-ups in May include Professional Services (25%), Wholesale & Retail (11%), Social & Personal Services (10%).

Further good news comes in the form of a 30% drop in insolvencies recorded this May when compared to May 2012.

134 Irish companies were declared insolvent last month, 75% of these were liquidated with the remaining 25% entering receivership.

Just over two thirds of these insolvencies affected companies based in Dublin with Cork and Wicklow accounting for a further 10% and 8% respectively.

Insolvency Notices

963

The number of companies that have collapsed this year. This figure is down 5% compared to last year
Click here to view the list


PREDICTIVE CREDIT REPORTS

Our Credit Reports are predicting over 80% of insolvencies at up to 6 months in advance.

Appointments

LIQUIDATORS

  • 35 Companies

E8 (Notice Of Appointment Of Receiver)

  • 9 Companies

EXAMINERS

  • 0 Companies

Closures

308

The number of companies that have closed this week.

New Startups

New Companies

  • 348 Companies

New Businesses

  • 436 Businesses

Important Changes

Changed Status

  • 686 Companies

HIGH COURT NOTICES

  • 1 Company

Strike off & Struck off Companies

Strike Off

  • 234 Companies

Struck Off

  • 0 Companies

Missed A Barometer?

View Previous Business Barometers: